[AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-diffs] Changes to auctex/font-latex.el, v

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-diffs] Changes to auctex/font-latex.el, v
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 11:56:05 +0200

* David Kastrup (2006-06-05) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> If you opened a file with a language option leading to the addition
>> of a quotation pair to `font-latex-quotes-list' and after that
>> another file without such a language option,
>> `font-latex-quote-regexp-beg' and `font-latex-quotes-list' were out
>> of sync because the latter is buffer-local while the former wasn't.
>
> That would be an error in the code adding to such a list without
> making it buffer-local, wouldn't it?

The regexp is set elsewhere, not only when `font-latex-quotes-list'
changes but also when `font-latex-quotes' changes.  In the latter case
it's not necessary to make the variable containing the regexp
buffer-local.  Hmmm, thinking about it, I guess I have to check if the
last change results in correct values for all involved variables
across several buffers if `font-latex-quotes' changes.

> In other words: the release should be postponed until this has been
> tested, since you consider it a release-critical bug.

Since we often don't get feedback when asking for testing it will be a
bit difficult to determine the time "until this has been tested".