[AUCTeX-devel] Re: CTAN update: preview

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: CTAN update: preview
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 21:07:29 +0200

* CTAN Announcements (2006-06-09) writes:

> On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, David Kastrup submitted version 11.83 of the
>
>   preview
>
> package.
>
> Location on CTAN: macros/latex/contrib/preview
> License: gpl
>
> Thanks for the update.
>
>  >
>  > Release notes for AUCTeX 11.83 with preview-latex

For the upload of version 11.81 of the preview package at CTAN I
prepared special release notes which should be better suited for the
purpose than AUCTeX's release notes.  Here is the content of the mail
I sent to CTAN in case somebody wants to use it in the future:

Hello,

I have uploaded preview-11.81.tar.gz to the incoming directory of
ftp.dante.de.  Its license is the GPL.

I would recommend unpacking preview-11.81.tar.gz in the directory
macros/latex/contrib/preview/

It contains just README, preview.dtx, preview.ins, and preview.pdf.

Older versions of the package can be deleted.

Here are the release notes:

The main purpose of the preview package is the extraction of selected
elements from a LaTeX source, like formulas or images, into separate
pages of a DVI file.  This works with DVI files postprocessed by
either Dvips and Ghostscript or dvipng, but it also works when you are
using PDFTeX for generating PDF files.

Current uses of the package include the preview-latex package for
WYSIWYG functionality in the AUCTeX editing environment, generation of
previews in LyX, as part of the operation of the ps4pdf package, the
tbook XML system and some other tools.

The preview package is being developed along and distributed with
preview-latex.  With the integration of preview-latex into AUCTeX as
of version 11.81, the preview package became part of AUCTeX as well.
It can therefore be obtained as part of AUCTeX distribution files
available at <URL:ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/auctex/>.  CTAN provides
the standalone preview package at <CTAN:macros/latex/contrib/preview>.
For more information about the preview package please refer to the
home page of AUCTeX at <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/>.

Version 11.81 of the preview package is mainly a bug fix release
accompanying the new version of AUCTeX and adopting its versioning
scheme.

--
Ralf Angeli, for the AUCTeX team