Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Usability of docTeX-mode

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Usability of docTeX-mode
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 10:54:07 +0200

* David Kastrup (2006-07-15) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> It would probably suffice to add "macrocode" to
>> `LaTeX-indent-environment-list'.
>
> It doesn't.  C-u C-x C-x C-c C-e macro RET \somename RET still
> reformats the contents of contained macrocode environments.

Ugh, that's a challenge.  Filling does not see the macrocode
environment when it advances chunk by chunk through the region to be
filled because the content of the macrocode environment is not
prefixed with a comment starter.  `LaTeX-current-environment', which
is used here for determining the current environment, separates
regions which are prefixed and regions which are not.  If you call it
in a prefixed region it will only check other parts of the file which
are prefixed and vice versa.  That's deliberate.  I'm not sure if we
should make an exception to this rule for docTeX mode and macrocode
environments or if there is a better way of fixing this.