Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Toolbar-x development

From: Miguel V. S. Frasson
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Toolbar-x development
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 16:35:23 -0300

The term "*-meaning-alist" always looked odd to me.  Wouldn't
"*-definition-alist" or "*-definitions" be better names?

This term and the dropdown-group are two terms that I am not sure if
they are understandable.  I am not native speaker, with a small
vocabulary.

A dropdown group implements a button like the back-button of a web
browser. A button shows a popup menu (I have seen somewhere dropdown
menu), and depending of the choice, a set of icons is displayed.  It
is useful when displaying lots of icons (like the symbol toolbar, or
with MusixTeX and alike). How could I name such thing, better than
dropdown group?

If nobody objects, I will change the term meaning-alist(s) to
definition-alist or button-definitions.  What people think?

> It will probably make more people play around with Omega than anything
> else at this point of time.
>
> I can't think of good visuals for source specials and interactive mode
> right now.

For icons corresponding to the `<menu-bar> <Command> <TeXing Options>
...' toggles?

source specials: maybe a left-right arrow between the glasses (which
we use for dvi) and a text sheet?

interactive mode: The TeX lion combined with a TeX prompt[1].  This
might be too difficult to visualize.

Bye, Reiner.

[1]
,----