[AUCTeX-devel] Re: pdfopen not returning

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: pdfopen not returning
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 22:24:55 +0200

* David Kastrup (2006-08-18) writes:

> Use TeX-run-discard or the equivalent
> (call-process TeX-shell nil 0 nil
>             TeX-shell-command-option
>             "pdfopen --file c:/path/to/some.pdf")

That would work if we wanted to open the viewer only but not in
combination with texify where we need to look at the output.  But
probably we shouldn't look at texify's output anyway because this
might ultimately be output from bibtex or makeinfo as well which the
TeX-related process filter cannot cope with. *sigh*