[AUCTeX-devel] Re: concerns in the documentation

From: Surendra Singhi
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: concerns in the documentation
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 17:55:35 +0530

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

>> Anyway, (I'm talking to the other XEmacs folks here)
>> wouldn't it be better if we removed AUC-TeX from our packages
>> archive, rather than distributing such an old version ? (I'm not
>> volunteering for the package maintenance; sorry, no time).

I feel AUC-TeX is a wonderful package, unfortunately it is not being brought
upto date; but it will be bad for several XEmacs users to remove it
completely. Speaking from my own experience, I would have not found it out
as a substitute for Win-Edt, if it was not a part of package manager. I
can vouch the same for many XEmacs users in my lab, who just use AUC-TeX,
because it is easily downloadable from the package manager, or is a part of
the Sumo.

Regards,

--
Surendra Singhi