[AUCTeX-devel] Re: 11.84

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: 11.84
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 22:30:26 +0200

* Ralf Angeli (2006-08-27) writes:

> * Ralf Angeli (2006-08-20) writes:
>
>> I'd like to release 11.84 before Emacs pretest starts in order to be
>> able to upload an Emacs/AUCTeX bundle with a recent AUCTeX shortly
>> after the pretest started.
>
> The fan on my notebook died yesterday (again).  So there won't be any
> releases by me for the next two weeks approximately.

I got my notebook back.  If there are no more changes pending I could
do the release in a few days, perhaps this weekend.

I thought a bit about changing default strings for latex and tex
executable options to support file names with spaces.  I'd only do
this if it were possible for people with older TeX systems to switch
easily to the style we are using currently.  Perhaps we could store
the strings in two lists and construct defaults (i.e. values in
variables like `TeX-command-list') from elements in those lists.