[AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Newbie Question: TeX-macro-global

From: Joel J. Adamson
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Newbie Question: TeX-macro-global
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:08:05 -0400

David,

You've caught me at an opportune time: I just installed Linux and I'm working out the kinks in the system (pronounced "learning how to use Linux") before I install XEmacs and some other stuff.

I'll report back to you once I get it going.

Joel
Joel J. Adamson
Biostatistician
Pediatric Psychopharmacology Research
Massachusetts General Hospital
55 Fruit St., Warren 637
Boston, MA 02114
617-643-1432
303-880-3109 (mobile)

David Kastrup wrote:
Bernt Guldbrandtsen <address@hidden> writes:

David Kastrup <dak <at> gnu.org> writes:

"Joel J. Adamson" <jadamson <at> partners.org> writes:

When I hit the LaTeX button, I can format files when they're
open/saved in the MiKTeX directory (or any subdirectory), but nowhere
else;  I did it hierarchically saving the input file in
C:\Miktex2.5\tex\latex\base\, then C:\Miktex2.5\tex\latex\, then
C:\Miktex2.5\tex\, then C:\Miktex2.5\, then C:\, which is when it
stopped working).

customize-group' `AUCTEX', but everything seems to be the same.

Let me know what I"m missing or where I need to look in the manual.

Are the MikTeX binaries in your PATH variable?  Namely, can you open a
command line window, change to an arbitrary directory, and call
latex
on the command line without getting "Command not found" or similar?

I see the exact same thing. After updating to MikTeX 2.5 running anything from
XEmacs under AUCTeX fails with the following error message:

Versions:
---------
Windows XP2 fully updated
XEmacs 21.4.19; January 2006
MiKTeX 2.5 fully updated
AUCTeX 11.83

Could both of you (assuming that both use XEmacs) check out the
current development snapshot of the XEmacs package at
<URL:http://theotp1.physik.uni-ulm.de/~ste/comp/emacs/auctex/snapshots/ftp/auctex-20060921-b-pkg.tar.gz>?

This is supposed to work, including the use of preview-latex.  I
checked in some fixes in order to address the problems.

Followups to address@hidden.

Thanks,