[AUCTeX-devel] SV: [AUCTeX] Re: Newbie Question: TeX-macro-global

From: Bernt Guldbrandtsen
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] SV: [AUCTeX] Re: Newbie Question: TeX-macro-global
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 14:43:36 +0200

> Could both of you (assuming that both use XEmacs) check out the
> current development snapshot of the XEmacs package at
> <URL:http://theotp1.physik.uni-ulm.de/~ste/comp/emacs/auctex/s
napshots/ftp/auctex-20060921-b-pkg.tar.gz>?

> This is supposed to work, including the use of preview-latex.  I
> checked in some fixes in order to address the problems.
>
> Followups to address@hidden

After installing this version LaTeX with MikTeX works for me with both
the "Installed" and the "Style directory or TEXINPUTS path" setting in
M-x customize-variable menu for preview-TeX-style-dir

Running preview does not work out of the box; it requires that you
customize the Gs Command to "gswin32c" (default is "gs") and of course
make sure that it is in your path. Then it works under Windows.

Thanks!