Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: 11.84

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: 11.84
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 10:15:11 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * David Kastrup (2006-09-22) writes:
>
>> The idea is to move "\... sequences to behind option arguments, and
>> use \input only when such sequences are present (in which case file
>> names with spaces won't work).
>
> I don't have time to test this today, maybe tomorrow.  But as a
> question in advance: Does this work with `TeX-DVI-via-PDFTeX' (which
> injects a \pdfoutput=0 via %(PDFout) if activated)?

Yes, that was the point.  This will happen at the price of not working
with file names including spaces when using TeX-DVI-via-PDFTeX, but
that's not too high a price to pay, I guess.

We could ameliorate that by adding an option using the -output-format
option of PDFTeX, but as far as I can see that would be pointless
since I don't know of a TeX distribution which would offer that option
on the PDFTeX executable without using PDFTeX for `latex', anyway.