[AUCTeX-devel] Re: rfe: dtk.cls support

From: Stephan Hennig
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: rfe: dtk.cls support
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 16:25:52 +0200

David Kastrup schrieb:
> Stephan Hennig <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I propose the following feature: When dtk.cls is loaded AUCTeX should
>> switch to support language ngerman unless the "omitgerman" option is
>> used.  In the latter case the document preamble has to be scanned for a
>> language support package.
>
> Have you tried running
>
> M-x TeX-auto-generate-global RET

Not before now.  And doing that gives me the following error in the
minibuffer:

> Creating directory: no such file or directory, c:/Programme/Emacs/var/auctex

In fact, Emacs and AUCTeX are installed in a different directory.
c:\Programme\Emacs does indeed exist, but it is not the installation
directory[1] and I didn't find any reference to it in the HOME path, the
Emcas installation directory or the gnuserv installation directory.
AUCTeX doesn't seem to be able to find the true installation directory
and assumes a standard path.  Which in this particular case fails.

But back to the topic, C-h f TeX-auto-generate-global RET gives only a
short general function description:

> Create global auto directory for global TeX macro definitions.

How does that help me with language support for dtk.cls?

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig

[1] IIRC, when installing a pre-compiled Windows binary available on
<URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/download-for-windows.html> some
months ago I had problems setting up the gnuserv utilities correctly
(but I don't remember the problems in detail anymore).  That's why I
downloaded an installer package (for the same Emacs version) and
installed that to the desired location (thereby it set up the gnuserv
utilities, IIRC).  After that I deleted the fresh installation of Emacs
and copied the above mentioned Emacs+AUCTeX bundle to that location.  As
a side effect the installer version left over a directory
c:\Programme\Emacs that contains exactly one text file that is attached.

However, I'm not sure if that story matters, since exiting Emacs,
deleting c:\Programme\Emacs, restarting Emacs and typing C-h f
TeX-auto-generate-global RET results in the same error message.

I'm currently running the following Emacs version:

> In GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
>  of 2006-06-24 on NEUTRINO
> X server distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
> configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --cflags
> -Ic:/Programme/GnuWin32/include'
>
> Important settings:
>   value of $LC_ALL: nil
>   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
>   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
>   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
>   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
>   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
>   value of $LC_TIME: nil
>   value of $LANG: DEU
>   locale-coding-system: cp1252
>   default-enable-multibyte-characters: t
>
> Major mode: LaTeX
>
> Minor modes in effect:
>   reftex-mode: t
>   encoded-kbd-mode: t
>   tooltip-mode: t
>   tool-bar-mode: t
>   mouse-wheel-mode: t
>   menu-bar-mode: t
>   file-name-shadow-mode: t
>   global-font-lock-mode: t
>   font-lock-mode: t
>   blink-cursor-mode: t
>   unify-8859-on-encoding-mode: t
>   utf-translate-cjk-mode: t
>   auto-compression-mode: t
>   line-number-mode: t

This is my .emacs:

> ;; TeX-Verteilung bekannt machen
> (require 'tex-mik)
>
> ;; fuer AUCTeX
> (setq-default TeX-master nil)
> (setq TeX-parse-self t)
> (setq TeX-auto-save t)
>
> ;; Rechtschreibprogramm bekannt machen
> (setq-default ispell-program-name "aspell")
> ;; AUCTeX erkennt deutsche Rechtschreibung automatisch
> (add-hook 'TeX-language-de-hook
>         (function
>          (lambda ()
>            (ispell-change-dictionary "deutsch"))))
>
> ;; RefTeX aktivieren
> (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'turn-on-reftex)
> (setq reftex-plug-into-AUCTeX t)
>
> ;; Tabellen am & ausrichen mit C-x C-a
> (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook
>         (function
>          (lambda ()
>            (define-key LaTeX-mode-map "\C-c\C-a" ;; "^C^A"
>              'align-current))))
>
> ;; Fensteraufbau beim Rollen
> ;; (setq redisplay-dont-pause t)
>
> ;; Schrift im Editorfenster
> (set-default-font "-bh-Lucida Sans
> Typewriter-normal-r-normal-normal-17-*-96-96-m-*-iso8859-15")
NotReadme.txt
*************

This file was installed by Emacs Setup Helper for MS Windows. This
file is here just to explain a curiosity.

The directory (typically something like C:\Program Files\Emacs) where
this file is installed exists for technical reasons. It depends on the
way the used installer program (Inno Setup) currently works and the
way Emacs Setup Helper installs the Emacs files.

Where to find the readme file: ReadMe.txt
You may or you may not find the installed Emacs in this directory.
This depends on where you choosed to have your Emacs files. If you do
not know where they are (for some reason) you can find them in
Emacs. The variable exec-directory tells this. The directory above this
contains a subdirectory named "setup" with a file named ReadMe.txt
with more info.

**** Important note: There is also a copy of this file in the "setup"
subdirectory.  It is there to allow building new installations.