[AUCTeX-devel] Re: New auctex version coming, and the freeze

From: Frank Küster
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: New auctex version coming, and the freeze
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 14:42:23 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> Frank Küster <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> By the way, I didn't say that I go.  If I find time to contribute
>> style support, I'd be very glad and I'll happily contribute that.
>> I'm just not going to work on the documentation, as long as it is
>> licensed under the current GFDL.
>
> It is and never was my intent to trick people into participation in
> AUCTeX by representing the situation different than it was.  If you
> feel that you have been treated unfairly, I would ask you to specify
> your contributions to the AUCTeX manual that you would rather not have
> contributed had you felt reason to expect that the manual could get
> relicensed under the GFDL.  I would then see whether they can be
> replaced with reasonable effort.

Oh, let's not do that.  I wouldn't say I have been tricked; I have had a
different expectation of the FSF than it turned out was true.  Call it
being tricked, but then it wasn't you or the developer team who did that.

I'm glad that AUCTeX has a good manual, and I'm particularly happy if I
somehow contributed to that.  When I signed the papers, I knew that I
gave the work (in part) out of my hands, so be it.  I won't further
contribute anything ATM, but it's a totally worthless effort to sort out
what I have done once upon a time and back that out.  I'd rather do
something that improves AUCTeX.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster