[AUCTeX-devel] Re: rfe: dtk.cls support

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: rfe: dtk.cls support
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 20:35:39 +0200

* Stephan Hennig (2006-10-02) writes:

>>> H:\home>kpsewhich --progname latex --expand-path "$TEXMFLOCAL"
>>> C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/All Users/Anwendungsdaten/MiKTeX/2.5
>>>
>>> H:\home>
>>
>> It doesn't fail.  On the contrary.  It succeeds and shows you were the
>> TEXMFLOCAL tree is located.
>
> If that succeeded, I cannot see any option to change TEXMFLOCAL within
> MiKTeX.  Neither is there any mention of TEXMFLOCAL in the documentation
> nor did I find a configuration file containing the string TEXMFLOCAL.

The concept is simply named differently in MiKTeX.  And the fact that
TEXMFLOCAL is recognized by the kpsewhich call is probably a
compatibility feature for programs like AUCTeX coming more from
kpathsea-based distributions.

> Especially non that set it to "C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/All
> Users/Anwendungsdaten/MiKTeX/2.5".  Of course I can see that path in
> "MiKTeX Options".  But there are no means to register single texmf trees
> as local or global.  For that reason I wonder that your call returns
> just the above mentioned path.

Obviously Christian decided to hard-code the path and did not see a
need for other trees to be configured as being available to all users
of the respective system.