[AUCTeX-devel] File names with spaces.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] File names with spaces.
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 13:39:55 +0200

I did not get any comments after my last attempt, so I just checked in
one iteration of my current patches.  They seem to work, also with
preview-latex.

However, we are leaving the realm where preview-latex and AUCTeX are
semi-independent: both must be updated simultaneously now.

The code is a complete and utter mess.  All those lambda functions in
TeX-expand-list should be factored out into some functions in
tex-buf.el.  It won't be necessary to autoload them, since they can
only be reached via TeX-expand-list which autoloads tex-buf.el,
anyway.

I also simplified some of the preview code and ignore junk left on the
stack by bad PostScript code.  Which is more or less what PostScript
viewers tend to do.  I don't particularly like that, but I also don't
like bug reports from people using the broken Omega fonts and similar.