[AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX] Problem with preview-latex and ghostscript i

From: MrJ Man
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX] Problem with preview-latex and ghostscript in suse 10
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 08:33:00 -0800 (PST)

The reasons I didn't grant your request are:
1. The Omega project is essentially no longer
maintained (mailing list and bug list are no longer
operating, also
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=omegaleph),

2. The fonts are made using Fontographer (the culprit
may be "FontDirectory/OmegaSerifGreek
known{/OmegaSerifGreek findfont dup/UniqueID known{dup
/UniqueID get 4475229 eq exch/FontType get 1 eq
and}{pop false}ifelse {save
true}{false}ifelse}{false}ifelse" in the font
preamble, which exists in all Fontographer fonts, as
far as I can tell), which are used by many other
programs without problems and I couldn't find any bug
report in any other program pertaining to this; what
all this means is that in all likelihood even if the
Omega team wanted to do something about it, they
wouldn't be able to,

3. When I was saying that I don't think the problem is
related to the fonts, I meant that every other program
that uses them functions properly, which means that
preview doesn't behave well.

Anyway, the issue is resolved, now about the problem
with the misplaced previews, I found out that it is
caused by adding a ' (quote) in a $ $ environment,
which makes it difficult for me to find a way to
resolve using the instructions in the page you
suggested, as no macro is involved (that I know of).

Thank you for your patience against my stubbornness
(or is it pertinacity?)!

P.S.:I ought to apologize for the mess that Yahoo mail
has caused to my posts, I hope it will be resolved
soon.

(http://voice.yahoo.com)