Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX] Problem with preview-latex and ghostscri

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX] Problem with preview-latex and ghostscript in suse 10
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 11:25:01 +0100

MrJ Man <address@hidden> writes:

> On further investigation, it is likely to be an Omega
> rather than a preview bug. This is what I have
> observed:
>
> Setting TeX-Omega-mode to nil makes all the problems
> disappear in the document
> "\documentclass[a4paper,11pt]{article}
> \begin{document} αντικαθιστώντας στη
> $A'$ έχουμε: \end{document}". Setting it to
> non-nil makes the image shifted to the start of the
> line and all text between the start of the line and
> the latex code missing.

Which version of AUCTeX are you using?  As I already wrote before, I
checked several changes into the CVS in order to get better behavior
for preview positioning.

The "problem" is that Omega, as opposed to LaTeX, uses ^^xx like
quoting for graphical characters in the error message contexts.
preview-latex contains pretty elaborate code in order to get around
this, but it may still get things wrong.

Your example code worked _perfectly_ here with the changes I did to
the CVS.

_Please_, _please_ report problems using
M-x preview-report-bug RET
so that it is possible to guess the involved versions.  And please
include an example document as an attachment, so that one has a chance
of having an example that has not been mangled by mail processing
systems.