Re: [AUCTeX-devel] toolbar quality.

From: Miguel V. S. Frasson
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] toolbar quality.
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 18:42:34 -0200

Dear David and others.

About the let-binding problem of the tool-bar-map variable, is now
completely resolved.  `toolbarx-emacs-add-button' is able to insert
menu-items in arbitrary keymap.  There is no mess with variable
tool-bar-map anymore.

About the problem inside `toolbarx-xemacs-refresh', there was no
problem.  `toolbar-props' (variable of the let-bind just defined
before changes) contains data *generated* from actual data that
defines toolbars.  The nreverse does not touch any information that is
not just generated one step before.  I improved docstrings and call
nreverse within the let-bind of involved variables, improving
readability.

I hope to announce further improvements soon.

Miguel.

On 12/2/06, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
"Miguel V. S. Frasson" <address@hidden> writes:

> You have been a lot patient for long time with this matter.  Give me
> two more months.

Uh, we are not going to wait two more months before releasing 11.84.
There are too many other issues it addresses.  So we need to figure
out what to do with the current issues, and see how far we can address
them without a complete rework.

> Then if I don't comply with AUCTeX standards, it is fair to disable
> the toolbar.

This is not about punishing anybody, for heaven's sake.  We are just
trying to get a version of AUCTeX released that works without problems
for most people, and that means that we need to figure out how to best
deal with the problems people have reported and can be expected to
experience.

Miguel Vinicius Santini Frasson
address@hidden