Re: [AUCTeX-devel] toolbar quality.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] toolbar quality.
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 22:10:58 +0100

"Miguel V. S. Frasson" <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear David and others.
>
> About the let-binding problem of the tool-bar-map variable, is now
> completely resolved.  `toolbarx-emacs-add-button' is able to insert
> menu-items in arbitrary keymap.  There is no mess with variable
> tool-bar-map anymore.
>
> About the problem inside `toolbarx-xemacs-refresh', there was no
> problem.  `toolbar-props' (variable of the let-bind just defined
> before changes) contains data *generated* from actual data that
> defines toolbars.  The nreverse does not touch any information that is
> not just generated one step before.  I improved docstrings and call
> nreverse within the let-bind of involved variables, improving
> readability.

That is certainly welcome, and sounds reassuring.  I am not certain
how many testers we have around here, but I certainly would want to
get 11.84 out before the Christmas rush.  So it would be good if
people who reported problems took a look at the current state of
affairs.  If I remember correctly, turning on and off tool-bar-mode
was problematic when LaTeX-buffers with a prospective toolbar already
existed, and maybe having several LaTeX buffers before enabling the
LaTeX toolbar was also some possible cause for problems.  There have
been some recent serious reports in the Debian bug queue, but it seems
like the affected systems might possibly come into line by previous
upstream changes from us.

So it is not clear entirely what the situation will be there.