Re: [AUCTeX-devel] address@hidden: Auctex preview mode can't be activate

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] address@hidden: Auctex preview mode can't be activated by Emacs automatically.]
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 17:08:39 +0800

> > ===================
> > (add-to-list 'load-path
> > "~/EmacsConfigureRelative/MyEmacsLispFiles/auctex/style")
> > (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook #'LaTeX-preview-setup)
> > (autoload 'LaTeX-preview-setup "preview")
>
> Please remove _all_ of this again from your .emacs file.  It's wrong
> and will most certainly lead to problems.

I have removed them.

> > But when I open a tex source file with Emacs, the Preview menu-bar will not
> > be autoloaded.
>
> Why don't you just use the method of activating preview-latex
> described in the manual?
>
> See (info "(auctex)Loading the package") <-- Type `C-x C-e' here.

`C-x C-e` doesn't work on my Emacs, the minibuffer will say:

================
End of file during parsing
================

Now, if I want to load the preview-latex, I must use the following method:

========================
M-x preview-install-styles
========================

Then, the Emacs minibuffer will say:

==================================
Permanent location for preview TeX styles
==================================

Then I give the path of preview TeX styles files, I think it is a redundant
method, because these style files have been put into the load-path.  But what
should I simplify the operation?

--
Hongyi Zhao <address@hidden>
赵弘毅