Re: [AUCTeX-devel] About the auctex's XDVI inverse search.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] About the auctex's XDVI inverse search.
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 18:35:54 +0100

emacs-devel removed from CC list.  Not really appropriate.

Hongyi Zhao <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi, everyone,
>
> I use the Emacs Unicode 2 CVS version.  I've done all the thing according to
> the URL:
>
> ===================
> http://xdvi.sourceforge.net/inverse-search.html
> ===================

Then undo all the things you did.  AUCTeX already has complete support
for source specials built-in.  Following those web site instructions
can only make things worse.

> I use the "C-c, C-t, C-s" to activate the Tex-Source-Specials mode, then I
> compile my tex file and open the dvi with XDVI,

How do you open the DVI file?  Which keys do you press?

> but I can't go from the DVI to its correspoding point in tex file
> when I use the C-Mouse-1.

It would help if you used
M-x TeX-submit-bug-report RET
for reporting problems since that tells important settings and version
information.