Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Maintainer wanted for RefTeX

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Maintainer wanted for RefTeX
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 20:18:26 +0100

On Dec 21, 2006, at 18:54, Ralf Angeli wrote:

* Carsten Dominik (2006-12-20) writes:

Well, lets go ahead and do it.

What do you need from me?  A good starting point are actually the
reftex*el files and reftex.texi as they appear in the current CVS emacs
- they are up-to-date.

Is there a CVS repository besides the one of Emacs where it would be
worthwhile to have the history preserved?

No. I did have the files under CVS, but I have been not systematic about it and used CVS mainly as a backup mechanism. So the changes annotations are not so useful, I don't think it makes sense to keep this.

I have been systematic recording user-visible changes, there is a chapter in the manual thaat covers the changes since 4.0, and on the RefTeX homepage there is a link to a CHANGES file that contains also older changes.

Actually, the distribution on my site contains a few interesting files: The Makefile, a README file, an INSTALL file, and the GPL license file. I think these should be kept in the CVS, and probably modified to reflect the new maintainers, and possibly different installation procedures. Let me know what I can do to help.

- Carsten