Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Maintainer wanted for RefTeX

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Maintainer wanted for RefTeX
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 23:56:54 +0100

Let me check one more time before you do the import. I'll get back to you.

- Carsten

On Dec 25, 2006, at 22:37, Ralf Angeli wrote:

* Carsten Dominik (2006-12-21) writes:

On Dec 21, 2006, at 18:54, Ralf Angeli wrote:

Is there a CVS repository besides the one of Emacs where it would be
worthwhile to have the history preserved?

No.  I did have the files under CVS, but I have been not systematic
about it and used CVS mainly as a backup mechanism.  So the changes
annotations are not so useful, I don't think it makes sense to keep
this.

Okay.

Actually, the distribution on my site contains a few interesting files:
  The Makefile, a README file, an INSTALL file, and the GPL license
file.  I think these should
be kept in the CVS, and probably modified to reflect the new
maintainers, and possibly different installation procedures.  Let me
know what I can do to help.

I just downloaded
<URL:http://staff.science.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/reftex/reftex- alpha.tar.gz>.
Is that the current distribution and does it contain all files
available?  No additional stuff for something like autoconf et al.?

In that case I'd just go ahead and import that into AUCTeX's CVS
repository as is and then we can start hacking on it.

I guess for importing something like
cvs -z3 -d:ext:<membername>@cvs.savannah.nongnu.org:/sources/auctex \
  import -m "Import of RefTeX 4.31" reftex FSF REFTEX_4_31
should work.  I'm not sure about vendor and release tag.  For the
release tag perhaps the format we are using for AUCTeX would be
better: release_4_31.

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403