Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Maintainer wanted for RefTeX

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Maintainer wanted for RefTeX
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 23:08:11 +0100

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * Carsten Dominik (2006-12-21) writes:
>
>> On Dec 21, 2006, at 18:54, Ralf Angeli wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a CVS repository besides the one of Emacs where it would be
>>> worthwhile to have the history preserved?
>>
>> No.  I did have the files under CVS, but I have been not systematic
>> about it and used CVS mainly as a backup mechanism.  So the changes
>> annotations are not so useful, I don't think it makes sense to keep
>> this.
>
> I just downloaded
> <URL:http://staff.science.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/reftex/reftex-alpha.tar.gz>.
> Is that the current distribution and does it contain all files
> available?  No additional stuff for something like autoconf et al.?
>
> In that case I'd just go ahead and import that into AUCTeX's CVS
> repository as is and then we can start hacking on it.
>
> I guess for importing something like
> cvs -z3 -d:ext:<membername>@cvs.savannah.nongnu.org:/sources/auctex \
>   import -m "Import of RefTeX 4.31" reftex FSF REFTEX_4_31
> should work.  I'm not sure about vendor and release tag.  For the
> release tag perhaps the format we are using for AUCTeX would be
> better: release_4_31.

I am not sure that importing is the right thing to do.  If I
understand the CVS docs correctly, this produces a branch, but we'd
rather want to have this added into HEAD.

Does anybody have a clue who we could ask about this?  With regard to
releases: using the same kind of tags as for the rest of AUCTeX seems
like a plan, but we should keep RefTeX out of the AUCTeX
_distribution_ (tarballs, top Makefile etc) at first, I would think,
even though we'll have it be a top-level subdirectory.