[AUCTeX-devel] Re: CVS repository synchronization for RefTeX

From: David Kastrup
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: CVS repository synchronization for RefTeX
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 18:00:22 +0100

> I would rather have the maintenance of RefTeX done in the Emacs
> repository.

The people most likely to maintain it actively in future are AUCTeX
developers.  Almost no maintenance has happened in the Emacs
repository up to now.

RefTeX is released standalone (unsynchronized with Emacs releases),
and creating its tarballs and stuff requires Makefiles and similar
that are not present in the Emacs tree.

RefTeX also is maintained for XEmacs.  What we have in Emacs is just a
fraction of the whole of RefTeX.

I don't think that maintaining the whole in the Emacs repository is
likely to lead to the best results, since RefTeX is not released just
for Emacs, and even should work with more than one Emacs version.