Re: [AUCTeX-devel] RPMs for AUCTeX 11.84

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] RPMs for AUCTeX 11.84
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 16:03:02 +0100

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, Jan 12 2007, Ralf Angeli wrote:
>
>> I'm not familiar with the creation of RPM files, so those are not on
>> the FTP server.  I removed the links to the RPM files from the web
>> pages completely for the time being.
>
> I have created auctex-emacs-11.84-1.suse.noarch.rpm and
> preview-tetex-11.84-1.suse.noarch.rpm successfully.  I couldn't build
> the Fedora RPMs because sourceforge's compile farm server is not
> available at the moment.
>
> The auctex-emacs seems to install fine on (open)SUSE 9.2, 9.3, 10.0
> and 10.2.  But for preview-tetex, there are conflicts[1] with files
> from te_latex-3.0.* (9.3 and up).  Ideas?

>From the spec file:

%description -n preview-tetex
The LaTeX package preview.sty can be used for extracting selected
parts of LaTeX documents into graphics of their own.  Various TeX and
editing applications use this as a subsystem.  AUCTeX by now comes
with its own integrated version of preview-latex and the style files
and does not require this package, and newer versions of teTeX might
already contain preview.sty (in which case the resulting conflict is
probably best solved by not installing this package).

If the compile farm remains missing in action, I might try rebooting
my old Fedora system (something between FC2 and FC4) to give this a
shot.