Re: [AUCTeX-devel] TeX-fold Additional macros

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] TeX-fold Additional macros
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 21:40:04 +0100

* Masayuki Ataka (2007-01-17) writes:

> +(defvar TeX-fold-macro-spec-text-list
> +  '(("(C)" ("copyright"))
> +    ("(R)" ("textregistered"))
> +    ("TM"  ("texttrademark")))
> +  "List of display strings and text macros to fold.")

I don't think a new variable is necessary here.  IMO we can just put
this into `TeX-fold-macro-fold-list' proper.

> +(defvar TeX-fold-macro-spec-utf-math-list nil
> +  "List of display strings and math macros to fold.")

When implementing support for comment folding I introduced the new
user option `TeX-fold-type-list' which allows for choosing categories
to be folded.  Currently these categories are environments, macros and
comments.  Perhaps we should put support for all math-related macros
into their own variable and let its application for folding be
controlled by a new math category for `TeX-fold-type-list'?

> +(unless TeX-fold-macro-spec-utf-math-list
> +  (setq TeX-fold-macro-spec-utf-math-list

Hm, are you expecting people to override this?