[AUCTeX-devel] Re: Repository for RefTeX

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Repository for RefTeX
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 21:55:18 +0100

* Ralf Angeli (2007-01-24) writes:

> * David Kastrup (2007-01-23) writes:
>
>> Moving files is a problem, so we should compare the organisation of
>> standalone RefTeX and the Emacs subpart before telling Savannah
>> hackers where to move things.
>
> We should organize files in the RefTeX repository as we deem fit for
> it as a standalone package similar to AUCTeX.

For the initial import I'd suggest the following layout:

reftex/CHANGES
reftex/COPYING
reftex/ChangeLog
reftex/INSTALL
reftex/Makefile
reftex/README
reftex/lpath.el
reftex/reftex-auc.el
reftex/reftex-cite.el
reftex/reftex-dcr.el
reftex/reftex-global.el
reftex/reftex-index.el
reftex/reftex-parse.el
reftex/reftex-ref.el
reftex/reftex-sel.el
reftex/reftex-toc.el
reftex/reftex-vars.el
reftex/reftex.el
reftex/doc/reftex.texi

Changes compared to the currently downloadable tarball are the
addition of a ChangeLog file, the placement of reftex.texi into a
`doc' directory and the removal of the `reftex' info file.

The files CHANGES, INSTALL and README might eventually get removed and
be generated during the build as in case of AUCTeX.

We could also consider putting the Lisp files into their own `lisp'
directory.