Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Repository for RefTeX

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Repository for RefTeX
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:22:19 -0500

> Would you have any comments and/or would you consider active
> participation in a project to move RefTeX and maybe later AUCTeX to an
> Elisp-based installation?

Sounds like a good idea.

> Is the latest version of your style the one
> on <URL:http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~monnier/elisp/install.el>?

I've attached the latest one.  The differences are most likely minor,
if any.

> And, well, I guess if we want to start from there, we would need the
> ubiquitous copyright assignment for AUCTeX...

That wouldn't be a problem, of course.

One point of note: install.el is meant to be included in Emacs to help
install external packages (it would then be supplemented with a package
manager that could list the installed packages, select which ones to
(de)activate, deinstall, etc..).  I.e. it's not meant to be specific to any
particular package.  Which of course doesn't mean that one can't distribute
a version of it along with RefTex.  Also the current install.el is just
a very rough first step, more meant as a proof of concept.

I guess you knew that, but just wanted to make it clear, so people don't get
disappointed ;-)

        Stefan