[AUCTeX-devel] Re: Maintainer addresses

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Maintainer addresses
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 12:07:07 +0100

* David Kastrup (2007-02-04) writes:

>> Okay, that proposal does not seem to be too popular.  How about
>> adding something like the above sentence in capital letters to the
>> start of the blurb inserted into the mail buffer by
>> `TeX-submit-bug-report' then?
>
> How about the following: we (upstream) put in a blurb recommending to
> check out the newest release version and date from our website to make
> sure that the report is not for too old a version.

Unless `TeX-submit-bug-report' actually establishes a connection with
our web site for checking which version and date is current, this does
not seem to make much sense.  At least not for our own distribution.

> We also check (in
> the case of an XEmacs package) the author version and mention it
> prominently in the report so that people actually have a chance to see
> what version they carry.

I'm not sure what you mean by "author version".  If you mean the
installed version, its version number and date are already included in
the report.  The version number even is in the title.