Re: [AUCTeX-devel] How can use gs-afpl to view ps files with pages scrol

From: Frank Küster
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] How can use gs-afpl to view ps files with pages scrolled up and down in Emacs?
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 14:31:22 +0100

Hongyi Zhao <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Now, I use the auctex compiled from its latest cvs and I put the
> following line to my .emacs in order to view ps files in emacs with auctex:
>
> ========
> (setq my-tex-commands-extra (list
> [...]
> (list "MyViewPSWithgs-afpl" "gs-afpl %s.ps" 'TeX-run-LaTeX nil t)
> [...]
> ))
> =======
>
> But I find that when the ps files are opened with gs-afpl, I only can
> view the first page of the file, and can't scrolled the pages up and
> down of the file, in order to view the ps files with pages can be up and
> down, what should I do?

Hm, I'm inclined to say that gs is not the right program for this.  On
the command line, you can use <ENTER> to see the next page (this can
surely also be implemented in Lisp), but I know of no way of scrolling
up, let alone zooming in.

Why not use a viewer like gv, which uses gs, and let the gs that comes
first in point to gs-afpl if you prefer that?

Regards, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)