[AUCTeX-devel] Math minor mode for all AUCTeX modes

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Math minor mode for all AUCTeX modes
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 22:54:33 +0100

Is there a reason LaTeX Math mode is specific to LaTeX mode?  There
must be at least a common set of macros for plain TeX, LaTeX, probably
also ConTeXt and to some extent Texinfo.  Shouldn't we provide a math
minor mode for all of those major modes?

The reason I'm asking this is that the last change to tex-fold.el
broke folding for all modes but LaTeX mode because the file evaluates
`LaTeX-math-default' when being loaded.  I don't really want to
require latex.el to fix that.  A better way out of this would be to
make tex-fold.el more aware of differences between AUCTeX modes and
use specific macro sets per mode.