Re: [AUCTeX-devel] tex-symb repository at Google Code Hosting

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] tex-symb repository at Google Code Hosting
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 17:48:27 +0100

* Masayuki Ataka (2007-02-10) writes:

> I put my tex-symb repository in Google Code Hosting.

I hope this won't cause confusion once we integrate tex-symb.el into
AUCTeX.

> Now, I'd like to move a fuction `TeX-symb-auto-fold' into
> tex-fold.el (The function name should be changed to something
> like `TeX-fold-auto-fold'.), and make tex-math-mode call it.
> How do you think, Ralf?

The macro insertion commands in AUCTeX and tex-symb.el should probably
run a common hook once insertion is done.  tex-fold.el could then
install the function for folding the macro at point into that hook.
The function does not have to be so complicated as the version you are
using in tex-symb.el.  Probably something like

(lambda ()
  (save-excursion
    (backward-char)
    (or (TeX-fold-macro) (TeX-fold-math))))

would be enough.  Unless I misunderstood what the current version of
`TeX-symb-auto-fold' is doing.  It doesn't even have to be named.

The variable for controlling auto-folding should be put into
tex-fold.el as well.