Re: [AUCTeX-devel] tex-symb repository at Google Code Hosting

From: Masayuki Ataka
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] tex-symb repository at Google Code Hosting
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 22:51:47 +0900 (JST)

From: Ralf Angeli <address@hidden>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 17:48:27 +0100

> * Masayuki Ataka (2007-02-10) writes:
>
> > I put my tex-symb repository in Google Code Hosting.
>
> I hope this won't cause confusion once we integrate tex-symb.el into
> AUCTeX.

I hope so, too.

# Which timing do you want to integrate tex-symb.el into AUCTeX?
# Before AUCTeX 11.85?  After you rewrite TeX math codes?

> > Now, I'd like to move a fuction `TeX-symb-auto-fold' into
> > tex-fold.el (The function name should be changed to something
> > like `TeX-fold-auto-fold'.), and make tex-math-mode call it.
> > How do you think, Ralf?
>
> The macro insertion commands in AUCTeX and tex-symb.el should probably
> run a common hook once insertion is done.  tex-fold.el could then
> install the function for folding the macro at point into that hook.
> The function does not have to be so complicated as the version you are
> using in tex-symb.el.  Probably something like

Uh, the complicated code let tex-fold not fold macros if the
macro is defined in tex-fold-math-spec-list, because function
tex-fold-math folds macro `\foo' that have no corresponding
symbol, to [foo].

Maybe, we should add optional argument to tex-fold-math for
ignoring folding macros iff the corrsponding symbol is not
defined.

---
email: address@hidden
Name:: Masayuki Ataka // (Japan)