[AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX] reftex-do-citation format

From: David Kastrup
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX] reftex-do-citation format
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 19:29:00 +0100

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * David Kastrup (2007-02-17) writes:
>
>> % \changes{LaTeX2.09}{1991/11/06}
>> %     {added code to remove a leading blank}
>
> I assume this code is used for every entry of a comma-separated list
> given to \cite?  So it would be save to add whitespace between such
> entries?

Yes.

>>> We are currently in course of setting up a repository with the
>>> RefTeX sources.  In addition the build system will be changed.
>>
>> Uh, it will?  I really must learn to listen better to the discussions
>> on the developer list.
>
> If we stick with the original make-based build procedure the
> Makefile file will have to be adapted to the new directory structure
> in the repository.  But we could of course skip that and implement
> the Lisp-based build routine right away.

Ah, the build procedure of RefTeX.  I was thinking of AUCTeX.  Don't
ask me why.

>>> So it might take some time till you see the next release.
>>
>> But we had the "start" problem with quotes in tex-mik IIRC, and the
>> recent contribution of Carsten (for which the papers are in the
>> queue, and Carsten has historic files in AUCTeX, anyway, so we can
>> pretty much put his contribution in without delay without affecting
>> the overall unpleasantness of the current situation).
>
> I was talking about a release of RefTeX, not AUCTeX. [=

Tsk tsk tsk.  Ok.  By the way, holler once you think we got a
reasonable state for starting to check things into RefTeX.  I have a
few performance fixes piled up that Carsten did not want to apply to
Emacs 22.

>> Yup.  Anyway, I would consider it more important for RefTeX to
>> cooperate with docTeX-mode.  It is completely unusable at the
>> moment for that since it will not consider structural information
>> in comments.
>
> Hm, I planned to do a first release once the build procedure is
> fixed and the bugs we already have reports for are fixed.

We have reports for RefTeX bugs?  I really have to get a clue
sometime.

> Like this we would soon have a version which can be distributed from
> gnu.org.  This way we can make the transition of maintainership more
> visible and relieve Carsten from the necessity to provide a tarball
> from his site.

Uh, well, ok.  But how hard can it be to fix the docTeX-mode issue
(famous last words...)?