Re: [AUCTeX-devel] icelandic.el

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] icelandic.el
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 19:41:09 +0100

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * Einar Arnason (2007-03-10) writes:
>
>> I'd like to request icelandic.el to be included in auctex. the
>> following, borrowed from danish.el, would be great
>
> Thanks for the input.
>
> I'm not sure if the file is small enough to count as a tiny patch.  If
> it isn't we'd need a copyright assignment from you in case you don't
> have one on file for AUCTeX.
>
> Another option would be for me to delete what I've seen so far from my
> memory (possibly with loads of beer) and write it myself since it does
> not seem to be very different from style/danish.el.
>
> Yeah, this is absurd ...

Let me give you a dark-room analysis: take danish.el, replace each
instance of "danish" with "icelandic", and "dk" with "is".

That is trivial enough to not even require mentioning Einar as
"author".  Just do the above, it will be nicer than taking the weirdly
wrapped non-attachment from Einar's mail, and mention him as
"suggestion from".