Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Changes in font locking

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Changes in font locking
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 19:31:38 +0100

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * Reiner Steib (2007-03-12) writes:
>
>> Gnus also suffers from this (or a similar?) problem.  In
>> `dgnushack.el' there's a workaround (used when compiling Gnus), see
>> below.  But you need to compile and run with XEmacs 21.5, IIRC.
> [...]
>> (when (and (featurep 'xemacs)
> [...]
>>   (defmacro with-syntax-table (syntab &rest body)
>
> Thanks for the info.  However, I don't feel like reimplementing XEmacs
> in AUCTeX.  This bug clearly has to be fixed upstream.
>
> One has to wonder, however, why the XEmacs project does not consider
> it important enough to fix the bug for such a prominent package as
> Gnus.

Well, a colleague of mine today told me that there are companies with
"secretaries" or "salespersons" that are actually call center
employees.  You can call the company and ask for the salesperson, and
he/she will be in a meeting, or call the secretary and ask to speak
with her/his boss, and he/she will be in a meeting.  Any time of day
or night.  In contrast to XEmacs developers, they call back
eventually, however.

I have yet to figure out how the XEmacs organization is supposed to
work.