Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Changes in font locking

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Changes in font locking
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 13:18:10 +0900

David Kastrup quotes Artemio Gonzalez:

 > > That's due to a bug in XEmacs 21.5 related to the function
 > > `with-syntax-table' I reported over two years ago to the XEmacs

The syntax table stuff is unlikely to get fixed by XEmacs core
developers until Ben returns, because it hooks into various processes
at a rather low level.  If somebody wants to invest in studying that
stuff and produce a patch, I'd be happy to review.

 > So Artemio, you might want to add your voice to this problem getting
 > fixed.

Inciting to riot should be beneath you, David.  But be my guest: I
have plenty of nagging voices in my head, but I've learned to ignore
them.  I can ignore one more.

Patches, however, are welcome, and will get attention.

 > I am copying this mail to the XEmacs developer list in order to remind
 > them of this problem, but my own track record in getting things fixed
 > in XEmacs that I complain about is abysmal,

That's true of everybody.  XEmacs is a user-supported project; things
get fixed when people contribute fixes.  All you contribute, though,
is abuse.  More abuse?  No, thank you.

Patches, however, are welcome.