Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [Bug-AUCTeX] 11.83; encoding problems in RefTeX's

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [Bug-AUCTeX] 11.83; encoding problems in RefTeX's .rel files
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 13:10:24 +0100

Frank Küster <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Frank Küster <address@hidden> writes:

>>> That's right.  I guess the best thing would be to customize user-full-name.

>>> Me ;-).
>>
>> Could you try logging into your system using several different
>> language environments,
>
> I guess for this it would be sufficient to change LANG in
> /etc/default/locale, wouldn't it?

Uh, the X11 login screens usually offer different language locales for
selection.  If there are no non-utf8 locales, one can usually add them
in /etc/X11/gdm/locale.conf or something.

>> and using the graphical tools available to
>> create users with non-ASCII characters in their full names?
>
> Err, graphical tools?  Which packages could I look for for graphical
> tools for creating users?

System/Administration/Users and Groups is in the default toolbar I
use.

You have to pardon me if I don't know what kind of utilities and
desktop environments you have installed and/or available.

But I suppose that your system offers some packages to make the system
workable to more than people used to hand-editing config files.

And so it would likely be informative to see what external programs
tend to do with /etc/passwd.

How did you get that entry there in the first place?

--
David Kastrup