Re: [AUCTeX-devel] gmdocTeX mode

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] gmdocTeX mode
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 10:34:02 +0200

Grzegorz Murzynowski <address@hidden> writes:

> As the `gmdoc' package (a new tool for documenting (La)TeX sources
> that hopefully will substitute `doc' and `ltxdoc') has been
> presented at the EuroBachoTeX conference, I kindly ask you for
> creating the gmdocTeX mode of Emacs.

As long as we have no indication that there is a sizeable user base,
it does not make much sense in adding another mode into AUCTeX: we
already have a large number of modes (like ConTeXt) where we are
frequently in the situation of shipping stuff that turns out not to
work too well.

For something that is used by few people, it makes much more sense to
let them both provide and maintain the modes independently.

But this list certainly is the right place to ask questions about how
to create your own style cooperating with AUCTeX.  As I am not really
involved with the font-locking of AUCTeX, I hope others will be able
to put you on track here.