Re: [AUCTeX-devel] TeX-auto-save and files with the same basename

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] TeX-auto-save and files with the same basename
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 18:25:05 +0200

* David Kastrup (2007-05-12) writes:

> Uh, Ralph already pointed you to the relevant messages and code on the
> user list.  It won't get better than that on the developer list.

I've now poked around in the code a bit again and my impression is that
we should completely rip out the style system, clean it up or
reimplement it, and put it into its own file to be used by the AUCTeX
modes as a library.  Implementing support for file names with extensions
with the current basis will only make things messier than they already
are.  (My favorite in this regard is `LaTeX-auto-cleanup'.)