[AUCTeX-devel] Tool chains (was: [AUCTeX] ESS (Sweave) and AucTeX "integ

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Tool chains (was: [AUCTeX] ESS (Sweave) and AucTeX "integration")
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 07:48:21 +0200

Please don't top-post and please keep the mailing list copied.  I've
redirected to auctex-devel now.

* Andreas Kiermeier (2007-06-21) writes:

> I'd be happy to try and have a crack at this - it'll force me to learn a
> bit more lisp.
>
> Any ideas or suggestions as to where I should start with respect to
> configurable tool chains?

I compiled a list of requirements which can be found at
<URL:http://mid.gmane.org/eca2vt$3p4$1%40sea.gmane.org>.  Implementing
these requirements would be a quite extensive task and would involve
changing a lot of AUCTeX's core facilities, so I am not sure if this is
the right task to start hacking on AUCTeX.  Usually you'd start with
something like a style file.