[AUCTeX-devel] Re: Could TeX-auto-save be marked as safe?

From: Christian Schlauer
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Could TeX-auto-save be marked as safe?
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 19:28:40 +0200

Christian Schlauer <address@hidden> writes:

> - the safe variable dialogue only allows to apply or ignore the local
>   variable /list/ -- a single un-safe variable cannot be ignored, it's
>   all or nothing (at least that is what the safe variable dialogue
>   seems to do according to the wording used), which means that a
>   master file in a multifile document won't be known to AUCTeX either
>   and compiling will fail if the user opens a non-master file and does
>   not apply the local variable list? (I haven't tested this.)

I have tested this now: if I open the "slave" file and do not apply
the local variables, AUCTeX nevertheless opens the master file in the
background (good sign!), but compilation fails.

I found it interesting to see that AUCTeX finds the master file and
opens it, but then it doesn't know the master file when I press C-c
C-c. Hm.

--
Christian