[AUCTeX-devel] in docTeX mode, how to make ^^A start the comment typefac

From: Grzegorz Murzynowski
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] in docTeX mode, how to make ^^A start the comment typeface
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 17:08:49 +0200

I use the gmdoc package to make documentation of my (La)TeX packages and with it _every_ % char starts the documentation so I tried to customize my AUC-TeX to start the documentation typeface after every % (not only beginning a line).

With the change shown below every % starts the documentation typeface but ^^A doesn't start the comment typeface which is not desired. How can I fix it, i.e. to make every % start the documentation typeface and ^^A the comment typeface?

my change:

(defun font-latex-doctex-syntactic-face-function (state)
  ;; Mark docTeX documentation, which is parsed as a style A comment
  (if (or (nth 3 state)
          (nth 7 state)
          ;(not (memq (char-before (nth 8 state))
                     ;'(?\n nil))); commenting this out provides % O.K.,
                     ; but ^^A doesn't work.
          )
      ;; Anything else is just as for LaTeX.
      (font-latex-syntactic-face-function state)
    font-latex-doctex-documentation-face))

-----------------------------
the original definition:

(defun font-latex-doctex-syntactic-face-function (state)
  ;; Mark docTeX documentation, which is parsed as a style A comment
  ;; starting in column 0.
  (if (or (nth 3 state)
          (nth 7 state)
          (not (memq (char-before (nth 8 state))
                     '(?\n nil)))
          )
      ;; Anything else is just as for LaTeX.
      (font-latex-syntactic-face-function state)
    font-latex-doctex-documentation-face))

Thanks in advance,
Grzegorz Murzynowski