Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Copyright clean-up

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Copyright clean-up
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 22:39:25 +0200

* David Kastrup (2007-07-01) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> The release of GPLv3 is probably a good opportunity for looking at the
>> copyright situation in AUCTeX.  I'd like to start with cleaning up some
>> low-hanging fruits in the style directory.  So, I guess there are
>> copyright assignments from Mark Trettin and Reiner Steib?
>
> Yes.
>
>> If this is the case I can change the copyright notices in file
>> headers mentioning them to mention the FSF instead.
>
> Please do so.
>
>> There are quite some files authored by Carsten Dominik.  Have his papers
>> arrived in the meantime?
>
> No.  Carsten, any word on this?

CCed, since I am not sure if he is reading auctex-devel.

Also, I compiled a list of all problematic files from the style
directory:

+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|File        |Coypright   |Licence |Author          |Remarks       |
|            |notice      |        |                |              |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|amsart.el   |no          |no      |no              |trivial       |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|amsbook.el  |no          |no      |no              |trivial       |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|amsbsy.el   |no          |no      |Carsten Dominik |              |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|amsmath.el  |2005 FSF    |no      |Carsten Dominik |              |
|            |(incomplete)|        |                |              |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|amsopn.el   |no          |no      |Carsten Dominik |              |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|amstext.el  |no          |no      |Carsten Dominik |              |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|amsthm.el   |no          |no      |Carsten Dominik |              |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|article.el  |no          |no      |no              |trivial       |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|book.el     |no          |no      |no              |trivial       |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|czeck.el    |no          |no      |no              |trivial       |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|danish.el   |no          |no      |no              |original      |
|            |            |        |                |trivial       |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|dinbrief.el |no          |no      |Werner Fink     |              |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|dk.el       |no          |no      |no              |trivial       |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|dutch.el    |no          |no      |no              |trivial       |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|epsf.el     |no          |no      |Marc Gemis      |              |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|fancyref.el |no          |no      |Carsten Dominik |              |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|foils.el    |no          |no      |no              |              |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|german.el   |no          |no      |no              |              |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|graphics.el |no          |no      |no              |trivial       |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|harvard.el  |1994, 1997  |GPLv2 or|Berwin Turlach  |              |
|            |Berwin      |later   |                |              |
|            |Turlach;    |        |                |              |
|            |2005 FSF    |        |                |              |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|index.el    |no          |no      |Carsten Dominik |              |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|j-article.el|no          |no      |no              |trivial       |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|jarticle.el |no          |no      |no              |trivial       |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|j-book.el   |no          |no      |no              |trivial       |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|jbook.el    |no          |no      |no              |trivial       |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|j-report.el |no          |no      |no              |trivial       |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|jreport.el  |no          |no      |no              |trivial       |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|jsarticle.el|no          |no      |no              |trivial       |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|jsbook.el   |no          |no      |no              |trivial       |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|latexinfo.el|1993 Marc   |GPLv2 or|Marc Gemis      |Dysfunctional |
|            |Gemis       |later   |                |              |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|letter.el   |no          |no      |no              |Last change   |
|            |            |        |                |1994 by amanda|
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|makeidx.el  |no          |no      |Carsten Dominik |              |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|multind.el  |no          |no      |Carsten Dominik |              |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|natbib.el   |no          |no      |Carsten Dominik,|              |
|            |            |        |Berwin Turlach  |              |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|ngerman.el  |no          |no      |no              |              |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|plfonts.el  |no          |no      |no              |Last change   |
|            |            |        |                |1994 by amanda|
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|plhb.el     |no          |no      |no              |Last change   |
|            |            |        |                |1994 by amanda|
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|prosper.el  |2001, 2002  |GPLv2 or|Phillip (sic!)  |              |
|            |Philip Lord,|later   |Lord, Nevin     |              |
|            |Nevin Kapur |        |Kapur           |              |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|psfig.el    |no          |no      |Marc Gemis      |              |
|            |            |        |(contributed by)|              |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|report.el   |no          |no      |no              |trivial       |
+------------+------------+--------+----------------+--------------+
|slovak.el   |no          |no      |no              |near trivial  |
|swedish.el  |no          |no      |no              |near trivial  |
|varioref.el |no          |no      |Carsten Dominik |              |
|virtex.el   |no          |no      |no              |Last change   |
|            |            |        |                |1994 by amanda|