Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Spam on AUCTeX CVS mailing lists

From: David Kastrup
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 18:56:14 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * David Kastrup (2007-10-17) writes:
>
>> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Yes, this is really getting annoying.  I wonder why anybody except
>>> Savannah may send messages to these lists anyway.
>>
>> The sender addresses are the patch authors.
>
> You mean the Sender header is faked?  Or the Envelope-To?  I only see
> messages to these lists on Gmane, so I am not sure if I can check this.
>
>> I tried some moderation
>> expressions once, and you were less than enthused by the results.
>
> Sorry, but I don't recall what the expressions and the results were.

The results were that you got moderation messages for all your CVS
checkins and that you were pretty annoyed.  If you want to try your
hand at some other settings, go ahead.  It would probably also be
possible to use a combination of automoderation and whitelisting, but
that also means that the amount of mail I need to check for
potentially kept messages will increase manyfold again.

--
David Kastrup