[AUCTeX-devel] Symbol tool bars (was: 11.84; old latex-toolbar can't be

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Symbol tool bars (was: 11.84; old latex-toolbar can't be used)
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 20:39:35 +0100

[ Shifting this to auctex-devel: ]

On Mon, Jan 28 2008, Uwe Brauer wrote on bug-auctex:

> --8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---
> ;;; latex-toolbar.el --- XEmacs LaTeX toolbar
>
> ;; Copyright (C) 2002 Triet Hoai Lai
> ;; Author:     Triet Hoai Lai <address@hidden>
[...]
> This package has much more math symbols that the original auctex one
> and replaces it, at least that worked before 11.84, where auctex did
> not had his own toolbar, but now things might be different.
>
> Which reminds me to ask why at least not some functionality, namely
> the huge amount of math symbols could be merged into auctex.

There is an experimental symbol tool bar.  See the comments about
"symb-pics" and `LaTeX-symbols-experimental' in `tex-bar.el'.

> As far as I know the package does not work for GNU Emacs 21, about
> 22 I don't know, and then of course there is the problem of
> copyright.

IMHO, it would make much more sense to improve the experimental LaTeX
symbol tool bar.  (I don't remember what is missing.  You may find
something in the archives, e.g.
<http://search.gmane.org/?query=symbol&group=emacs.auctex.*&author=Frasson&sort=date>.)

Bye, Reiner.
--