[AUCTeX-devel] Re: Copyright clean-up

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Copyright clean-up
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 16:15:05 +0100

* David Kastrup (2008-02-02) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> In the root directory we also have some files which could use copyright
>> and license notices:
>>
>> * aclocal.m4: No license and copyright.  States that it was originally
>>   written by Katsumi Yamaoka (for emacs-w3m), but mainly rewritten
>>   afterwards.
>
> The rewriting is by people with assignment, the original we'd need to
> ask around.

I looked at the file in emacs-w3m, but this does unfortunately not
include any copyright or license info.  And according to the CVS log it
was not only changed by Katsumi.

>> * tex-fptex.el: GPLv2 or later, copyright 2000 by Fabrice Popineau, 2004
>>   by FSF
>
> Fabrice has assignments for Gnus, so it is probably not more than a
> matter of asking him.

How about removing it from the distribution?  fpTeX has long been
defunct.  The interesting bits in tex-fptex.el are likely related to the
configuration of `TeX-output-view-style' for windvi.  But according to
the TeX Catalogue this is defunct as well:

,----[ http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/windvi.html ]
`----