[AUCTeX-devel] Re: Good and bad news

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Good and bad news
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 12:14:32 +0100

   > On Tue, Feb 05 2008, Uwe Brauer wrote:
   >> I know, and I found it always *very generous* from your side to do so.
   >> What I meant I don't understand was the fact that Ralf said he does
   >> not have a current AUCTEX installation for Xemacs available, well he
   >> does it is on your webpage thanks to your own effort.

   > I was able to create the XEmacs package (it's a make target, after
   > all[1]).  But the last time I tried (a few years ago?), I didn't
   > understand how to install such a package thru XEmacs package system.
You cannot. While with dpkg and rpm you can install 3 party pkg the
xemacs package system does not allow you this.

So you have two possibilities on (unix like systems)

    -  unpack it either in ~./xemacs/xemacs-packages or in $Prefix/site-packages
       (on my Kubuntu system) that is in Prefix=/usr/share/xemacs21

    -  you can use a laughable trivial hack I will attach below.

Uwe