[AUCTeX-devel] RefTeX info dir entries

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] RefTeX info dir entries
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 16:11:41 +0100

After installing RefTeX the following entries are found in the
respective dir file:

* RefTeX: (reftex).                     Emacs support for LaTeX
                                        cross-references and citations.
* RefTeX: (reftex.info).                Emacs support for LaTeX
                                        cross-references and citations.

The first one refers to the info file coming with Emacs while the second
one refers to the one coming with the separate RefTeX installation.
Since the separate RefTeX overrides the included one I think it would be
fair to also remove the link to the old manual (while keeping the info
file on the disk).  This would require a call to `install-info --remove'
during `make install'.

I haven't found any recommendations for such a situation.  Are there any
reservations with respect to such a procedure?