[AUCTeX-devel] [Jerzy B. Ludwichowski] BachoTeX 2008 -- Call for Papers

From: David Kastrup
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] [Jerzy B. Ludwichowski] BachoTeX 2008 -- Call for Papers -- reminder
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 13:15:13 +0100

Hi AUCTeX users, I am forwarding the conference announcement of
BachoTeX.  I am sure to attend this conference (so this is a good
opportunity to nag me about AUCTeX development in person) like every
year where I can make it.  For German participants, going by Eurolines
bus might be the best alternative (train connections will keep you awake
all night switching trains in strange places): one books to Brodnica and
usually the bus drivers are not adverse to let one ride a bit further,
dropping you off at the lake resort.  I actually get into the bus in
Bochum and hop off right at the location itself without having to change
which is quite convenient.  The conference resort is a great place to
confer, muse, code, relax and have fun with the other participants at
the bonfire (or in smaller parties afterwards) or during the day.  And
most of the European TeX luminaries appear there.  During the
conference, there is an ISDN internet connection for all, WLAN,
workstations, Ether connections and so on.  And the location itself is
just fabulous.  Anyway, over to Jerzy:

Dear friends,

The BachoTeX 2008 Program Committee dares to remind you of the quickly
upcoming deadline for submitting paper proposals for the BachoTeX 2008
conference. The Call for Papers and TeX Pearls can be found
http://www.gust.org.pl/BachoTeX/2008/cfp1en.

We trust that the main theme of the conference, ,,TeX contra TeX''
should be of a great interest to the community at large and the
various developers in particular.

You may have noted that the supplementing theme "Aesthetic aspects
of typesetting" is also addressed to those who use other typesetting
software. If you know people active in this area please talk them
into presenting a paper.

Your children or very young TeXies in your vicinity are invited to
contribute in the yet another conference supplementing theme "What
is TeX to me?"

Based on suggestions and experiences from previous years, one day of
the conference will be devoted solely to working meetings of the
various informal interest groups (no presentations):
- fonts,
- TeX engines,
- distributions,
- supporting software,
- typesetting software in general,
- propagating TeX,
- history of TeX
-- you name it. Talk your common interest buddies into coming and/or
propose a paper.

Do not forget submitting your "TeX Pearls" aka "TeX beauties and
oddities"!

And, finally -- registration is open at
http://www.gust.org.pl/BachoTeX/2008/registration-en. Please note
that early registration ending March 31 allows for a significant
saving in the conference fee.

Come and celebrate the XVIth, or $10000_{2}$ or $100_{4}$ or
$20_{8}$ or $10_{16}$ BachoTeX!

Jerzy Ludwichowski
Organizing Committee

--